In All Stars Core, students identify positive ideals and future aspirations. They participate in games and discussions that establish positive peer group norms; peer pressure to engage in risky behavior disappears. Students commit to personal standards of behaviors. All Stars Core promotes bonding with family, school and community. It encourages parents and kids to talk about aspirations and commitments.
All Stars Core prevents alcohol, tobacco, and other drug use, reduces bullying and fighting, and postpones sexual activity by:
- ►Building idealism and a belief in the future
- ►Establishing positive norms
- ►Establishing personal commitments to avoid risky behaviors
- ►Promoting bonding to school or the group
- ►Promoting positive parental attentiveness.
The All Stars Core is taught to our entire 6th grade population. There are thirteen highly interactive 45-minute sessions that are integrated into the classroom setting.