RFPs / RFQs
RIO VISTA PUBLIC SAFETY FACILITY
DESIGN SERVICES REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS
September 4, 2018
The City of Rio Vista is currently soliciting Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for Design Services associated with the implementation of the Rio Vista Public Safety Facility. The Facility will function as Fire Department Annex Fire Station, as well as the Police Department Headquarters. The current programming estimates the need for an 11,000 sf Police facility and an 8,000 sf Fire facility, although spaces may be combined if appropriate. A 2.5-acre parcel of land will be dedicated for the Facility and an adjoining parcel may be utilized for ancillary structures.
The City is looking for a design firm that specializes in Fire and/or Police Station projects. A consultant with combined experience is highly desirable, although not required. The current scope of work includes the Needs Assessment and Site layout, but it is the City’s intent to select a Consultant that is qualified to perform these services as well as subsequent Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents, Cost Estimating, and Construction Administration services. Needs Assessment and Site Layout should be completed by March 2019. Design is scheduled to commence in July 2019 and construction in 2021.
The consultant will work closely with the Project Manager, Police Chief, Fire Chief, and a Site Technical Advisory Committee.
- Please provide 5 copies of the submittal by October 15, 2018, no later than 5:00 PM. Additional information, in the form of resumes, brochures, etc, may be submitted as appendices.
- Submit the information to the Project Manager, Dan Dailey, City of Rio Vista, 1 Main Street, Rio Vista, CA 94571.
- Submittals to be delivered in sealed envelope marked “Public Facility Design Services RFQ”
- The City will review the information provided and one or more firms will be chosen to provide a more detailed proposal for the services and/or participate in an oral presentation/interview session.
- Questions to be submitted in writing to Dan Dailey, City of Rio Vista, 1 Main Street, Rio Vista, CA 94571.
The submittal shall provide the following information, in the order listed:
- Letter of Interest
- Section 1: Identify Firm(s) including name, address, phone number and contact person regarding this RFQ (one page).
- Section 2: Provide an organizational chart identifying disciplines, specific personnel, and role of those who will be assigned to this project (one page).
- Section 3: Describe your project approach for this project (two pages).
- Section 4: Describe what makes your firm uniquely qualified for this project (one page).
- Section 5: Firm’s capacity (e.g. number of full-time licensed architects).
Provide resumes and workload for people assigned to this project-refer to staff listed in Section 2. (maximum one page per person).
- Section 6: Copy of your firm’s current professional liability or errors and omissions insurance (one page).
- Section 7: List firms last three (3) similar projects including size, location, cost, and contact person (maximum 5 pages) Specify if the personnel and/or additional resources proposed above were involved in these projects. Provide references and contact information.
- Section 8: Description of additional resources and qualifications (staff, consultants) the firm will depend on for the services (maximum of 2 pages)
- Section 10: Any other information that might assist the City in ascertaining the firm’s and/or staff’s qualifications for the proposed project (maximum of 3 pages).
Please contact Dan Dailey, 707-374-6869 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the project and this RFQ.
The City looks forward to your reply