The City of Rio Vista is currently conducting the Transit Service Outreach and Analysis study to assess the City’s transportation needs and identify any gaps in existing transit service delivery.
Rio Vista Delta Breeze services currently carry 11,500 passengers a year on four different services. These services provide transportation within the City of Rio Vista and to key destinations in cities including Fairfield, Suisun City, Pittsburg, Antioch, Lodi, and Vacaville.
This study is an opportunity to share information about transit service in Rio Vista, and receive community feedback to understand the community’s transit needs, and identify opportunities to better tailor Delta Breeze service.
Project Goals and Objectives
• Provide information on available transit services
• Identify gaps in existing transit service and discuss strategies to address those gaps
• Engage the community in the process and seek feedback regarding identified transit gaps
• Assess financial and operational resources
• Provide recommendations on strategies to address the identified needs
• Develop an implementation and marketing plan for the recommended strategies
• Receive community and City Council input before finalizing an implementation and marketing plan
How to Get Involved
The City of Rio Vista wants to hear your priorities for transit service!
Over the course of the project, the City of Rio Vista will be distributing surveys, holding public meetings, conducting telephone interviews, and posting information on the City of Rio Vista website to encourage public participation. Community outreach will occur in two phases beginning in November 2015 to focus on gathering information about how riders use the services and community priorities for transit service. The second phase will take place in early 2016 and will seek to get feedback on the proposed strategies and solutions for improving transit service in the City of Rio Vista.
Stop by a pop up meeting to leans more about the project and provide your feedback:
Pop-Up Meetings (Click Here to Download a Flyer)
9:00 – 11:00 am
Trilogy, The Vista Club
11:30 – 1:30 pm
Rio Vista Senior Center, 25 Main Street
2:00 – 4:00 pm
Lira’s Supermarket, 609 CA-12
5:00 – 7:00 pm
Third Thursday on Main Street
9:00 – 11:00 am
Farmer’s Market on Main Street
You can also provide your feedback through an online survey: Click Here to go to Survey